PracticePro Career Conferences provide training for law students and law firm summer associates to learn the soft skills necessary to start their legal career on the right foot. The Conferences are followed by our Diversity Receptions to welcome the new class of Diversity Scholars and provide ample networking opportunities for our law student attendees.
|Houston, TX||Friday, March 3, 2017
Haynes and Boone LLP, 1221 McKinney St #2100, Houston, TX 77010
|Washington, DC||March 17, 2017
WilmerHale, 1875 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20006
|San Francisco, CA||Friday, March 31, 2017
Latham & Watkins LLP, 505 Montgomery St #2000, San Francisco, CA 94111
|Chicago, IL||Thursday, June 22, 2017
Jenner & Block, 353 N. Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654
8:30 am Breakfast & Registration
9 am – 12 pm Career Conference
12 pm – 1:30 pm Networking Lunch & Interviewing Workshop
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm Career Conference Cont.
5:30 – 7:30 pm Diversity Reception & Scholarship Fundraiser
In this full-day conference, you will learn:
- Operations and economics of law firms and organizations
- How summer programs work, including the evaluation process
- Practical tools on how to excel in your assignments and exceed expectations
- How to maximize the opportunities presented in firm social events
- How to stand out in interviews
- How to create a career development plan, including identifying and building on your strengths
- Effective methods and habits for developing your brand internally
- How to build your professional brand within your firm, the legal profession, and your community
- Client expectations and introduction to business development
- How to develop a fulfilling and sustaining legal career
Join us for appetizers and drinks, network with our law firm sponsors and other local attorneys and law students, and help us celebrate diversity and inclusion (yes, everyone is invited!) in the legal profession.
TUITION & PRICING
Tuition – $ 450 (includes evening reception)
For early-bird registration and special discounts, click on the conference city (inside Schedule Table) above.
Admission is complimentary for all conference attendees. If you are only interested in attending the evening Diversity Reception, click on the city below.
INSTRUCTORS AND SPEAKERS
Click on the city names (inside the Schedule Table) for the list of speakers.