PracticePro Career Conferences provide training for all law students who wish to learn the substantive and soft skills, and competencies required of them during their summer internships and as attorneys in their early years of practice. Students who register for a conference also get an opportunity to submit their resumes to PracticePro’s law firm partners.
Each conference is followed by a recruiting reception to welcome the new class of PracticePro Diversity Scholars and provide ample networking with speakers and firm partners.
DATES & SCHEDULE
|Houston, TX||Friday, March 2, 2018
Haynes and Boone, 1221 McKinney St #2100, Houston, TX 77010
|San Francisco, CA||Friday, March 16, 2018
Latham & Watkins, 505 Montgomery St #2000, San Francisco, CA 94111
|Washington, D.C.||Friday, March 30, 2018
|Chicago, IL||Thursday, June 7, 2018
McDermott Will & Emery, 444 West Lake Street, Chicago, IL 60606
8:30 am Breakfast & Registration
9 am – 12 pm Career Conference
12 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch & Interviewing Workshop
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm Career Conference Cont.
5:30 pm – 7:30 pm Recruiting Reception & Resume Collect
Professional Development: In this full-day conference, you will learn:
- Operations and economics of law firms and organizations
- How summer programs work, including the evaluation process
- Practical tools on how to excel in your assignments and exceed expectations
- How to maximize the opportunities presented in firm social events
- How to stand out in interviews
- How to create a career development plan, including identifying and building on your strengths
- Effective methods and habits for developing your professional brand internally and in the legal community
- Client expectations and introduction to business development
- How to develop a fulfilling and sustaining legal career
RECEPTION & RESUME COLLECT
Students who attend the conference will be invited to submit their application materials to PracticePro’s law firm partners and participate in various recruiting opportunities with the same. Join us for appetizers and drinks, network with colleagues, and hear our inspiring speakers.
- J.D. candidates (1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls)
- Recent law school graduates
TUITION & PRICING
Tuition – $ 350 (includes evening reception and resume collect)
For early-bird registration and special discounts, click on the conference city (inside Schedule Table) above.
Reception & Resume Collect
Admission is complimentary for all conference attendees. If you are interested in only attending the evening reception and resume collect, please check back in February. (Space is limited, and priority will be given to conference attendees.)
INSTRUCTORS AND SPEAKERS
Click on the city names (inside the Schedule Table) for the list of speakers.
2017-18 Firm & Corporate Diversity Partners
Diversity Corporate Partners
Diversity Founder (nationwide)
Diversity Leaders (3 regions)
Diversity Champion (2 regions)
Diversity Benefactors (1 region)