Friday, March 2, 2018
Haynes and Boone, LLP
1221 McKinney St #2100
Houston, TX 77010
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
1:30 PM – 5:00 PM
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Lunch & Interviewing Workshop
Career Conference Cont.
Diversity Reception & Resume Collect
Professional Development: In this full-day conference, you will learn:
- Operations and economics of law firms and organizations
- How summer programs work, including the evaluation process
- Practical tools on how to excel in your assignments and exceed expectations
- How to maximize the opportunities presented in firm social events
- How to stand out in interviews
- How to create a career development plan, including identifying and building on your strengths
- Effective methods and habits for developing your professional brand internally and in the legal community
- Client expectations and introduction to business development
- How to develop a fulfilling and sustaining legal career
Recruiting: Students who attend the conference will be invited to submit their application materials to PracticePro’s law firm partners and participate in various recruiting opportunities with the same.
TEXAS DIVERSITY RECEPTION
Join us for appetizers and drinks, network with our law firm sponsors and other local attorneys and law students, and help us celebrate diversity and inclusion (yes, everyone is invited!) in the legal profession.
TUITION & PRICING
Early bird registration (before Dec. 22, 2017) – $250
Admission is complimentary for all conference attendees. If you are interested in only attending the evening reception and resume collect, please check back in early February. (Space is limited, and priority will be given to conference attendees.)
SPEAKERS & INSTRUCTORS
We are currently working to line up amazing speakers for the conference. To get an idea of the caliber of the conference and reception speakers, check out last year’s line-up here.