We are no longer accepting applications for the 2016-17 cycle. The 2017-18 cycle to select Class of 2020 Diversity Scholars will begin on November 1, 2017.
Admission to the PracticePro 1L Diversity Scholar Program is available for first-year law students at participating Washington, D.C. area schools to benefit from PracticePro training seminars, conferences, and career coaching programs.
The Diversity Scholar Program includes:
- Free admission to attend the Washington, D.C. Career Conference and Diversity Reception (Spring 2017)
- Free 6-month career and OCI coaching
- Complimentary Interviewing and Resume Writing Workshops
- Free admission to attend any Fall New Attorney Basics Conference (any time before December 2019)
- Complimentary unlimited mentorship from PracticePro coaches and Diversity Program Advisory Board
Participating Washington, D.C. Area Law Schools:
- American University Washington College of Law
- Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America
- Georgetown University Law Center
- George Mason University School of Law
- George Washington (GW) School of Law
- Howard University School of Law
- Liberty University School of Law
- Regent University School of Law
- UDC, David A. Clarke School of Law
- University of Maryland School of Law
- University of Richmond, TC Williams School of Law
- University of Virginia School of Law
- William & Mary Law School
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- a member of a racial, ethnic, or gender group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession, a member of the LGBT community, or those with a physical disability; and
- a 1L (class of 2019) enrolled at a participating Washington, D.C. area law school.
To apply, please submit the following materials to email@example.com, subject line “Diversity Scholar Program – [school name]”:
- A short statement (fewer than 300 words) on how being diverse has impacted your life’s journey and why you would like to be part of the Diversity Scholar Program
Applications will be accepted until January 16, 2017. A selection panel will evaluate all completed applications and admitted students will be notified on a rolling basis by February 1, 2017. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Thanks to our Diversity Sponsors!
Corporate Legal Department Sponsor