The law firm of McDermott Will & Emery has partnered with PracticePro to help students transition to practice and increase diversity in the legal profession. To that end, McDermott is funding full diversity scholarships for George Washington University Law School first-year students to benefit from PracticePro training conferences and career-coaching programs.
The Diversity Scholarship Program includes:
- Fully-funded scholarship to attend the District of Columbia Career Conference and Diversity Reception (March 18, 2016)
- Fully-funded scholarship to attend any Fall New Attorney Basics Conference (any time before December 2018)
- 6-month career and OCI coaching
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- a member of a racial, ethnic, or gender group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession, or a member of the LGBT community; and
- a 1L (class of 2018) enrolled at George Washington University Law School.
To apply, please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “GW Diversity Scholarship”:
- A short statement (fewer than 300 words) on why you would like to be part of the Diversity Scholarship Program and how you would benefit from it as a diverse law student
Applications will be accepted until February 12, 2016. A selection panel will evaluate all completed applications and scholarship recipients will be notified on a rolling basis by February 20, 2016. Early applications are strongly encouraged.