We work with law firm management to train associates and summer associates to:
- Understand the practical lawyering skills crucial to their advancement
- Master litigation tasks – from the filing of a complaint to end of trial – expected of them in the early years of practice
- Learn the elements of professional branding including the importance of communications
- Service their internal and external clients with excellence and initiative
- Develop project and people management skills
- Network effectively and develop a business development mindset
- Become a leader internally and in the larger legal community
- Embrace and utilize their diversity as an asset
Soft Skills Training for Summer Associates
We offer group discounts to law firms to send incoming or current summer associates to our Career Conferences focusing on helping future lawyers develop the basic soft skills needed to excel at law firms. We can also customize the Conference and teach it onsite to your summer associate class.
Litigation Training for Associates
We offer group discounts to law firms to send incoming or current associates to our New Attorney Basics: Junior Litigation Associate seminar. The seminar is currently pre-approved for 6 hours of general CLE in California and Texas. We can customize the Seminar and teach any or all of the topics onsite at your firm.
Onsite Workshops and Seminars
Below is a non-exhaustive list of our typical workshops and presentations.
- ACE: Building a Stellar Professional Brand
- New Attorney Basics: Junior Litigation Associate
- Case Management 101
- Electronic Discovery: A Step-by-Step Guide to Document Collection, Review, and Production
- The Junior Litigator at Trial
- Business Basics: How to Think Beyond the Case Law
- Communication: A Multi-Generational Approach
- The Junior Rainmaker: How to Start Building Client Relationships that Last
- Diversity as a Substantive Skill: Cultural Code Switching, Building Your Brand, Leadership, and Business Development
- The Enemy Between my Ears: Mistakes Women and Minorities Should Avoid in the Workplace
Curriculum Consulting for Professional Development & Diversity Programs
We have substantial experience in designing skills curriculum for firms and law schools and can work with your professional development team to design or improve your professional development and diversity programs. Whether you are hiring PracticePro to design and implement an entire professional development program at one of your offices or need our help to improve certain aspects of your existing professional development training, we guarantee that our programs will be:
- Effective. Using our experience in training new graduates and law students, our training encompasses all the skills that need to be mastered by an attorney. This includes core practical skills (e.g., research & writing, court appearances) as well as soft skills (e.g., communication), managerial skills, business concepts, and career management. In addition to a detailed curriculum, we will work with you to create learning resources and testing materials.
- Efficient. Regardless of your training budget, we will deliver excellent results at a competitive cost.
- Dynamic & Innovative. We will continuously improve and adjust the curriculum based on associate reviews, partner feedback, and the special needs and learning styles of your particular associate class.
You put great effort in recruiting the best and the brightest. We would love to partner and help you train and retain them.
For more information, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-237-3703.