We are no longer accepting applications for the 2016-17 cycle. The 2017-18 cycle to select Class of 2020 Diversity Scholars will begin on November 1, 2017.
Admission to the PracticePro 1L Diversity Scholar Program is available for first-year law students at participating Bay Area schools to benefit from PracticePro training seminars, conferences, and career-coaching programs.
The Diversity Scholar Program includes:
- Free admission to attend the Bay Area Career Conference and Diversity Reception (Spring 2017)
- Free 6-month career and OCI coaching
- Complimentary Interviewing and Resume Writing Workshops
- Free admission to attend any Fall New Attorney Basics Conference (any time before December 2019)
- Complimentary unlimited mentorship from PracticePro coaches and Diversity Program Advisory Board
Participating Bay Area Law Schools:
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- Santa Clara University School of Law
- Stanford Law School
- UC Berkeley (Boalt) School of Law
- UC Davis School of Law
- UC Hastings College of Law
- University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law
- University of San Francisco School of Law
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- a member of a racial, ethnic, or gender group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession, a member of the LGBT community, or those with a physical disability; and
- a 1L (class of 2019) enrolled at a participating Bay Area law school.
To apply, please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Diversity Scholar Program – [school name]”:
- A short statement (fewer than 300 words) on how being diverse has impacted your life’s journey and why you would like to be part of the Diversity Scholar Program
Applications will be accepted until January 16, 2017. A selection panel will evaluate all completed applications and admitted students will be notified on a rolling basis by February 1, 2017. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Thanks to our Diversity Sponsors!
Corporate Legal Department Sponsor