Diversity Scholarships for UC Berkeley 2Ls
Mavrakakis Law Group LLP has partnered with PracticePro to help improve transition to practice and increase diversity in the legal profession. To that end, they are funding full diversity scholarships for UC Berkeley 2L Law students to benefit from PracticePro training conferences and coaching programs.
The diversity scholarships include:
- Fully-funded scholarship to attend the San Francisco Career Conference and Diversity Reception (April 8, 2015) at the Fairmont San Francisco’s historic Garden Room where the UN Charter was drafted
- Fully-funded scholarship to attend any Fall New Attorney Basics Conference, at any time before December 2016
- 6-month career coaching
To be eligible for a diversity scholarship, an applicant must be:
- a member of a racial/ethnic/gender group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession or a member of the LGBT community; and
- a 2L (class of 2016) enrolled at UC Berkeley School of Law.
If you meet the scholarship criteria and would like to be considered for the Diversity Scholarship, please submit the following materials to email@example.com, subject line “Boalt 2L Diversity Scholarship”:
- A short statement (less than 200 words) on why you would like to attend the Conference and how you would benefit from it as a diversity scholarship recipient
Applications will be accepted until February 14, 2015. A selection panel will evaluate all completed applications and scholarship recipients will be notified on a rolling basis by March 1, 2015. Early applications are encouraged.