Beck Redden, LLP and Haynes and Boone, LLP have partnered with PracticePro to help students transition to practice and increase diversity in the legal profession. To that end, Beck Redden and Haynes and Boone are funding full diversity scholarships for University of Houston Law Center (UHLC) first-year law students to benefit from PracticePro training conferences and career-coaching programs.
The Diversity Scholarship Program includes:
- Fully-funded scholarship to attend the Texas Career Conference and Diversity Reception (March 4, 2016)
- Fully-funded scholarship to attend any Fall New Attorney Basics Conference (any time before December 2018)
- 6-month career and OCI coaching
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- a member of a racial, ethnic, or gender group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession or a member of the LGBT community, disabled, or a veteran; and
- a 1L (class of 2018) enrolled at UHLC.
To apply, please submit the following materials to email@example.com, subject line “UHLC Diversity Scholarship”:
- A short statement (fewer than 300 words) on why you would like to be part of the Diversity Scholarship Program and how you would benefit from it as a diverse law student
Applications will be accepted until January 15, 2016. A selection panel will evaluate all completed applications and scholarship recipients will be notified on a rolling basis by February 1, 2016. Early applications are strongly encouraged.